Kristen is a
· USA Triathlon Level 1 Certified Coach
· Paratriathlon Certified Coach,
· USA Cycling Level 3 Certified Coach,
· USA Swimming Certified,
· Road Runners Club of America Certified Coach and Race Director,
· ACE Certified Personal Trainer,
· American Sport and Fitness Association Yoga Certified,
· CPR and AED Certified
· K-12 Virginia Teaching Certified,
Kristen has trained beginner through seasoned athletes helping many to reach podium finishes as well as meet their personal goals in triathlon, running, track, and swimming. She coaches adaptive sports with the USAF AFW2 program as a cycling coach and enjoys helping children and youth get healthy, learn new life-long skills, and build confidence. She has coached internationally as well as a cycling coach with Invictus in 2018.
Kristen has also directed numerous family races and competed in a number of triathlons herself, including the Ironman distance events. She placed in the top three for her age group in the inaugural year of the Mountaineer Half Ironman and was one of the top swimmers in the 2004 Lake Placid Ironman. Besides triathlons, Kristen also enjoys marathons (with a PR of 3:15), swimming, and a multitude of boot camp activities.
"It is my wish to help inspire people, in any stage of life, to set and achieve fitness, athletic, and/or racing goals. I hope to support and encourage people to be healthy inspirations to their families and others, wherever life may take them".